- We run a programme of talks on the first Tuesday of each month between October and April,
- meeting in the Braid Hall of Morningside Parish Church EH10 6BQ
- between 6.45 and approximately 8.15 p.m.
- Visitors are warmly welcomed (a contribution of £3.00 is requested)
- Details of our 2023-24 Talks Programme will be posted here as soon as they are confirmed
VISITS PROGRAMME 2023
We are running five visits this summer :
Tuesday 23 May : The Edinburgh Synagogue
Thursday 08 June : The Trinity Apse
Tuesday 20 June : Penicuik House
Thursday 20 July : Canongate Kirkyard
Tuesday 19 September : James Clerk Maxwell Foundation and Museum
Booking is open only to MHA members, who may invite up to two guests.
What Annual Membership Includes
The annual membership subscription is currently £12 and is due on 1 October each year.
This section of the website provides information on what entitlements are available to MHA members. These include:
• You can attend all seven monthly MHA lectures and events which take over the period from October to April without charge. Generally the winter history lecture lasts approximately one hour. These lectures are currently held in Morningside Parish Church starting at 7.15. Refreshments and biscuits are available from 6.45.
• You are free to come along to five Summer Visits. There is a small nominal charge for attending each visit: this varies from location to location to cover guide and admission expenses.
• The MHA currently have a number of research projects being carried out and you are welcome to join these.
• You are entitled to vote at the Annual AGM in December and to receive a copy of the Annual Report
• If you are interested in taking an active part in the management of the MHA you can join the MHA Management Committee.