Ongoing Covid-19 restrictions mean that we are currently unable to hold in-person meetings.
We are, however, continuing to offer talks using Zoom, and are finalising details for January to April 2022.
Details will be posted as soon as these are available.
Meetings are held in Morningside Parish Church Hall, at the corner of Cluny Gardens/Braid Road,
on the first Tuesday of each month between October and April.
Refreshments are available from 6.45 p.m., with the talk beginning at 7.15 p.m.
Visitors are very welcome to come along to these talks (a contribution of £3.00 per person is requested)
due to Covid-19
our Summer 2020 programme of visits has been cancelled
What Annual Membership Includes
The annual membership subscription is currently £12 and is due on 1 October each year.
This section of the website provides information on what entitlements are available to MHA members. These include:
• You can attend all seven monthly MHA lectures and events which take over the period from October to April without charge. Generally the winter history lecture lasts approximately one hour. These lectures are currently held in Morningside Parish Church starting at 7.15. Refreshments and biscuits are available from 6.45.
• You are free to come along to five Summer Visits. There is a small nominal charge for attending each visit: this varies from location to location to cover guide and admission expenses.
• The MHA currently have a number of research projects being carried out and you are welcome to join these.
• You are entitled to vote at the Annual AGM in December and to receive a copy of the Annual Report
• If you are interested in taking an active part in the management of the MHA you can join the MHA Management Committee.